Online Group Discussion - Tuesday 16th October

On Tuesday night I attended the twilight Skype discussion for all modules. I wasn't added to the group until half way through so did miss a lot of the conversation but there are a couple of things I took away from it.

1. Professional Artefact
While I understand that my professional artefact should connect with and develop from my inquiry write up, I have been wondering if I should have some idea of what form it might take by now. I am just very aware that time is moving fast and will probably feel even quicker as we get closer to our final deadline and Christmas. Helen was quick so say a definite NO, and that actually if someone did already have an idea of what their artefact might be she would be telling them to scrap it. This was a relief, as were the comments from some of the other Module 3s that the same thing had crossed their minds. I am not alone!

2. Literature
I'm not sure who started the conversation but we spoke about stepping out of our creative arts bubbles when looking at literature. Although our professional practices all lie within the arts in some way, it is important we look at literature from other areas to help us fully understand our inquiry topics. Although not all of the literature I used in Module 2 was directly linked to creative arts, it was generally all education-based. I see this as having one foot outside my bubble. To step outside fully I plan to research definitions/perceptions/uses of creativity in other areas.

I would be interested to hear how successful other people have been in breaking out of their creative arts bubbles and how exploring a wider range of literature might have changed their thinking or approach. Please leave a comment :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Group Discussion - Tuesday 13th March

Online Group Discussion - Thursday 22nd February

Online Group Discussion - Monday 4th December